Best for NYC: Job Quality Focus
Best for NYC, an initiative of the Mayor’s Office of Workforce Development, was headed into its third year and looking to reimagine their program in order to drive businesses to make measurable, specific job quality improvements.
In 2018, SVM was hired to develop and manage the strategic communications to drive businesses to sign up for programs that would help them increase job quality for NYC workers.
In addition, SVM was tasked with coordinating the network of city and community based partners and integrating them into the initiative.
Businesses Referred to Support Programs
Website Page Views during Campaign to date
Highest Pages View in a Day
Avg Time on website during campaign to date
- Created partnerships with city agencies and community based orgs offering programs around the four focus business improvement areas: financial empowerment, volunteering, training, and open hiring.
- Built a referral page that aggregated local services that help businesses improve job quality. This made it easy for businesses to indicate interest in multiple programs and be instantly introduced via email.
- Created custom content for partners to share with their communities that allowed them to:
- Celebrated business that already completed a program and could be recognized by Best for NYC.
- Invited businesses in their network to take advantage of the wide range of support programs through Best for NYC.
- Developed an email strategy for driving the existing Best for NYC community of 1500 businesses to support programs by making the business case for each improvement.