Client: NYC Council Initiative
City’s First Readers
Literacy Inc. sought to develop a public awareness campaign on behalf of City’s First Readers (CFR), a NYC Council-funded coalition of eleven early literacy organizations including all three public libraries.
Prior to SVM, the campaign focused primarily on awareness and social media engagement. SVM was contracted for year two to drive quantifiable engagement in the early literacy resources and programs offered by the coalition.
Page Views on ReadtheCity.org Across 3-Month Campaign
Avg Time on Site
- Coordinated an outreach campaign with 11 nonprofit partners and public libraries, providing hyper-local targeting in specific neighborhoods in all 5 boroughs
- Built a new City’s First Readers website that aggregated local events from all 11 partners, providing users with a public calendar of activities in their neighborhood
- Developed an opt-in text and email subscription service to automatically remind users of upcoming events within a half mile of their home
- Launched a communications campaign through multiple partners driving to the new website; this included designing customized posters, flyers, and social media posts for partner-led communications
- Placed paid ads in bus shelters, phone booths, grocery markets, salons, pediatric offices, and daycare centers in targeted neighborhoods and coordinated ad placements in the facilities of all of our partner